Counselling Centre in MES College Erumely was started in the academic year 2016-17 with the vision of addressing the needs and problems of the institutional community at their intra personal, interpersonal and social levels in attaining mental health. It aims at creating a mental health friendly campus through various programmes and activities. Counselling centres play an important role in motivating the students to excel in their academic and co-curricular components. The cell ensures timely guidance and mental support for students. This centre helps to create a mental health friendly campus for the students. This provides mental support to the people in need. The services provided by the centre has a professional framework wherein the counsellors strive to create a safe,ethically sensitive,non judgemental atmosphere for the betterment of the institutional community.Mental Health is as important as physical health. Counselling centre has the service of professionally trained and widely experienced counsellors. Ethical behaviour is ensured, and the service is available both on an individual and group basis. The counselling sessions are available on all working days of the week and will be available for emergency appointments for the students and staff members of the institution.
- To help individuals to attain better psychological and personal growth.
- Giving awareness on the factors that may lead to disruption, like alcoholism, drug abuse, marital disharmony and maladjustment with the family members.
- Crisis intervention and proper management.
- Create a better learning environment.
- To promote the mental health of students.
- To reduce the barriers affecting performance of the students.
- To find out behavioural problems of students
The counselling center offers a broad range of services like assessment, counselling, brief psychotherapy and referral on a voluntary and confidential basis. Our purpose is to help students cope with dilemmas in their personal development or with painful life events, and also to help students develop