Mr. Sabjan Yoosef
Dept. Of Computer Science
MES College Erumely runs the Army Wing of NCC since 2022. It aims to develop character, discipline and a sense of selfless service amongst the youth. The National Cadet Corps is the Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. The National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corp.
Unity & Discipline
“ I do hereby solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally and that I will abide by the rules and regulations of the National Cadet Crops. Further under the command and control of my commanding officer, I will participate in every camp most sincerely and wholeheartedly”
We, the cadets of the National Cadet Corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizen of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.
Objectives of NCC
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth and to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth and thus to take up a Career in the Armed Forces.
NCC In Our College
The Army Wing of NCC was started in our college in September 2022 with 30 cadets as a sub unit under 16 Kerala battalion, Kottayam. In 2022-2023, we selected 30 cadets (20 SD and 10 SW), out of which 5 cadets cleared their ‘A’ certificate exam. We have 30 cadets, whose selfless service and dedication have been a source of inspiration.
Mr. Sabjan Yoosef, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science is in the charge of NCC as CTANO with effect from October 2022.
Cardinal Principles of NCC
- Obey with smile.
- Be punctual.
- Work hard and without fuss.
- Make no excuses and tell no lies.